- Highway 271
- Grant Program
Hwy 271 Grant Program
Highway 271 Board
The Highway 271 Business Board's primary purpose is to be a voice for your business and to create, foster, and inspire quality growth for Pittsburg, specifically along the Highway 271 corridor. The Highway 271 Business Board facilitates the grant programs and encourages each property or business owner to use the program for their business to improve the overall aesthetics of Highway 271.
Established In 2016.
Please see the design guidelines for eligible projects. Applications should be submitted to the Community Development Office at City Hall located at 200 Rusk Street.
- Highway 271 Business Incentive Grant Application (PDF)
- Highway 271 Business Incentive Grant Requirments and Procedures
Available Grants ( one grant per category, per year, per address)
- Entrance doors and windows (max $5,000)
- Exterior lighting on building or parking lot (not signage) (max $2,000)
- Awning/canopy (max $2,000)
- Painting (max $2,000)
- Replacement of non-preferred material (max $10,000)
Median Landscape Grant & Other External Property Improvements
- Landscape (max $2,000) total estimate (dollars)
- Other (max $2,000) total estimate (dollars)
- Example: Fences, structures visible from Highway 271, trash barrier - at the discretion of the Highway 271 Board
- Attached building (max $500)
- Detached monument (max $10,000)
Parking Lot Grant
- Max $5,000; total estimate (dollars)
- Contact any member of the Highway 271 Board or Niecy Baum at Pittsburg City Hall for more information.
Apply online Highway 271 Grant Online Application
HWY 271 Business Incentive Projects
The Highway 271 Business Improvement Grant program’s primary consideration is to encourage economic development through low-impact new development revitalization and exterior renovation of buildings and property. The Pittsburg Highway 271 Business Board's mission is to create, foster, and inspire quality growth in Pittsburg.
$24,000 in public investment has resulted in $90,000 in private investment for Business improvements along the HWY 271 Business Corridor.