- Pittsburg EDC
- Choose Pittsburg
Pittsburg Independent School District (ISD)
Public School System
The Pittsburg Independent School District is committed to the creation and maintenance of a learning environment in which all students have the opportunity to achieve academic success that will relate to real-world challenges.
The mission of Pittsburg ISD is to provide all children with a quality academic background that ensures their development intellectually, emotionally, socially, and technologically to prepare them to thrive in our global world.
To learn more, view the Pittsburg ISD website.
Pittsburg ISD Stats
- Grade Levels: Pre-K thru 12
- Student Body: 2.4K
- Accountability Rating: A
- Total Number of Campuses: 5
- 2019-2020 graduates
- The average SAT score at Pittsburg ISD was 966
- The average ACT score was 20.5
As of the 2020-2021 school year
- 2,344 students
- 49% of students were considered at risk of dropping out of school
- 17.7% of students were enrolled in bilingual and English language learning programs
- Avg. teacher experience: 13.2 years Statewide: 11.2 years
- Four-year graduation rate 100 % Statewide: 90.3%
- College graduation rate:
- Began 8th grade in 2008: 176 students
- Graduated from high school:155 (88.1%) Statewide: 78.8%
- Enrolled in college 110 (62.5%) Statewide: 53.1%
- Graduated from college 45 (25.6%) Statewide: 23.2%
North Texas Community College (NTCC)
Northeast Texas Community College is located in a beautiful rural setting near the Chapel Hill community. The campus is situated on 375 acres centrally located among the county seats of Daingerfield, Pittsburg, and Mount Pleasant.
The campus is easily accessible for all residents of the Camp, Morris, and Titus Counties college district.
The campus includes the:
- Administration Building
- Business Technology Building
- Criminal Justice Center
- Humanities Building
- Industrial Regional Technology Center
- Industrial Technology Buildings
- Learning Resource Center
- Math/Science Building
- Residence Hall
- Student Union Building
- University and Health Science Center
The Physical Fitness Annex with a Nautilus weight room, baseball and softball fields, a rodeo arena, and three tennis courts are also available.
The Jim and Elizabeth Whatley Center for the Performing Arts, completed in the fall of 1991, features a theater with a modern instructional stage and seating for 570. The lobby area doubles as an art gallery for students and visiting art shows, and the building includes theater and music classrooms.
4 Year University Degrees
As a result of a two-plus-two articulation agreement between NTCC and Texas A&M University - Texarkana, five teacher certification programs are currently offered on the NTCC campus. In addition, NTCC and A&M-Texarkana have recently extended this partnership to offer a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
Students, after receiving core requirements through NTCC, can then make a seamless transition to A&M-Texarkana to complete the final two years of coursework. All Texarkana coursework is offered on the NTCC campus and is taught by A&M-Texarkana instructors or via distance education.