Social Media User Agreement
Public Social Media Agreement
To communicate with a broader audience, the City of Pittsburg maintains various types of social media applications. By accessing these applications, you agree to the terms and conditions stated below.
The City of Pittsburg intends to promote effective communication and maintain a respectful dialogue with users. In that spirit, the rules for posting external comments and content on Pittsburg social media sites should continue to be an open forum for community discussion and comment.
The City’s social media system is monitored to ensure that posted comments and included content are constructive and suitable for all readers and users while respecting a full and unfettered range of opinions and points of view. So that you are advised and comfortable to participate, the City of Pittsburg social media system’s sites, comments, links, and uploads containing any of the following prohibited material/matter shall NOT be allowed:
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Profane language or content. Abusive or disparaging comments directed at an individual(s);
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination based on race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status or lack thereof, socio-economic status of an individual(s), national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Sexual expression, discrimination, harassment, or content of any kind or links to sexual content or pornography, whether adult, minor, or child;
- Any expression of conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or the City’s public safety systems and/or infrastructure;
- Any expression that would disparage right, title, or interest of legal ownership of any other individual or business;
- Comments that do not pertain to the topic under discussion; including comments containing links to other websites or pages which are not relevant to the topic under discussion;
- References to or inappropriate characterizations of individuals, including personal attacks upon any member of the public, City employee, or City official;
- Advertising or promotional announcements of private or commercial enterprises, even if not for profit, unless the City is co-sponsoring such activity or event. Only City business-related advertising (services) or promotional announcements (special events) are allowed unless approved by the City Manager or City Communications and Marketing Specialist;
- Individually identifiable information (e.g., address, phone number, and social security numbers) of specific individuals, be the city employees, officials, or members of the public;