How can I request a continuance on my trial date?

All requests for continuance or postponement of the trial must be made in writing and should be made at least 10 days before trial. You must serve a written copy of your request on the City Attorney. The Court will only grant your request if you have shown good cause. Do not assume your request has been granted. Check back with the Court. Absolutely no requests for continuance by telephone will be granted.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the court located?
2. Where can I park?
3. What if I need special accommodations for my disability?
4. Do I have to appear in court?
5. Do I need an attorney to represent me in court?
6. What is an arraignment?
7. What is the difference between pleas of not guilty, guilty, and nolo contendere (no contest)?
8. How can I get my witnesses to appear in court?
9. How can I request a continuance on my trial date?
10. What can I expect at my trial?
11. Can I attend traffic school as a means of having my citation amended or to reduce the points on my driver's license?
12. Can I make payments on my fine or must I pay the full amount?