Can I make payments on my fine or must I pay the full amount?

You can apply for a payment extension in order to satisfy your fine. The average fine amount will be given a two-week payment extension. In exceptional circumstances, you may explain your financial situation to the Court. Community Service may be performed in lieu of the fine if approved by the court. If you are unable to satisfy the full amount of the fine on the sentencing date, you will be assessed an additional payment extension fee of 10% of the total amount owing, minimum $25, maximum $100.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the court located?
2. Where can I park?
3. What if I need special accommodations for my disability?
4. Do I have to appear in court?
5. Do I need an attorney to represent me in court?
6. What is an arraignment?
7. What is the difference between pleas of not guilty, guilty, and nolo contendere (no contest)?
8. How can I get my witnesses to appear in court?
9. How can I request a continuance on my trial date?
10. What can I expect at my trial?
11. Can I attend traffic school as a means of having my citation amended or to reduce the points on my driver's license?
12. Can I make payments on my fine or must I pay the full amount?